Conference Main Themes
BigData and Information Industry:
This theme covers the core concerns of information providers, investors and users. It focuses on a number of issues related to:
- BigData and sustainable development.
- BigData and the strategic planning and decision making.
- BigData and the future of the information industry.
- Software and hardware used in managing BigData.
- Challenges of BigData management.
- BigData and cloud storage: practices and challenges.
- Information security issues and privacy of BigData.
Big Data 2.0: Critical Roles for Libraries and Librarians:
- Big Data 2.0 and the applications of crowdsourcing, data analytics, social media, and Web2.0 technologies.
- Processing unstructured data: BigData mining and searching.
- Managing large scale records and archives: processing, analysis, storage, long-term preservation and access.
- possibilities and problems of big data and the implications it has for librarians New roles for Information professionals and Librarians: sophisticated skills to balance between understanding information user needs and data curation.
Data Science and LIS Programs:
- The essential competences of the data science professionals.
- Partnerships and interdisciplinarity: the ways to integration in LIS Programs.
- Future responsiveness of the Library and information job titles and descriptions.
- Departments of Library and Information sciences identity.
BigData and Practices in Developing Countries:
- BigData in the health sector as a an example.
- Successful experiments in BigData management.
- Corporations between providers, libraries, and educational programs in handling BigData.